• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size and what else?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 94 4 door with AW4 and NP231. I have a RC 4.5 inch lift for it full OEM kid plates, front receiver hitch, rear receiver hitch, 96 power booster and master cylinder, adj LCA's from 4WD hardware, RE adj track bar. What other parts should I need to make it decent? I have a line on some 32x11.5-15 Goodyear MTR's for all 4 @ $400 new. I'm not a fan of regearing due to lack of experience. I'am currently upgrading the Dana30 front shafts and new hub bearings. Are 32's too big for not regearing? Should I just find some 31's? This will be driven on the hwy but is not my DD. I've yet to wheel anything more then fire roads. Help me decide please as I can't seem to make up my mind.

you will miss the power until you regear. i lived with stock gears and 32s from nov 05 to march 08. i regret not doing gears sooner. i now have more torque than with stock gears and i can actually pass on the freeway without worry.

justin_502 said:
Big improvement would be Lockers
but probably won't notice them on fireroads

Jeepm@n said:
Ok I have a 94 4 door with AW4 and NP231. I have a RC 4.5 inch lift for it full OEM kid plates, front receiver hitch, rear receiver hitch, 96 power booster and master cylinder, adj LCA's from 4WD hardware, RE adj track bar. What other parts should I need to make it decent? I have a line on some 32x11.5-15 Goodyear MTR's for all 4 @ $400 new. I'm not a fan of regearing due to lack of experience. I'am currently upgrading the Dana30 front shafts and new hub bearings. Are 32's too big for not regearing? Should I just find some 31's? This will be driven on the hwy but is not my DD. I've yet to wheel anything more then fire roads. Help me decide please as I can't seem to make up my mind.

31s would look retarded on 4.5" of lift.. get the 32s, thats a great deal too. Just go easy on your gearing. what are your gears 3.55 or 3.73?

emr1101 said:
31s would look retarded on 4.5" of lift.
SPOBI. 31s look fine w/4.5" lift.

I have 3.55 gear ratio. I just don't have the funds to have it regeared. Been watching for a 4 cylinder XJ to just swap the axles and resell the 4cyl rig or scrap it. I don't think I could do a regearing job.:dunce:

What rear axle? If it's the 35, start shopping for a D44 or 8.25. Oh, regear sooner than later, you won't regret it, also go 4.56.

Chrysler 8.25 or Dana 44 is the only way I'd go. Maybe an 8.8 if the mounts could be welded on for me as I do not want to risk hurting anyone with a broken weld. I have no knowledge or experience in welding. Aren't 4.56's going to be to deep? 32's are the max I'd go as a 12.50 wide tire just does not do well on the ice.

Back