• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No-Slip Install/Part Question 8.25

wall04

NAXJA Forum User
I got a Powertrax No-Slip I'm about to instal for a Cry 8.25 29. The instructions say I should have a sloted driver with a sloted coupler (to insert the c-clip through) and a non-sloted driver with a non-sloted coupler. Issue is that they shipped two sloted couplers and two slotted drivers. This is in conflict with the install instructions.

I called the place where I bought them from this morning, they answered the phone but didn't know if it'd still work. I just didn't know if anyone else had seen this for the same axle and if the parts are supposed to be the same except for machined slot for the c-clip to go through. These things are on backorder and if I return it I may not see another one until late August.

Thanks for your help and have a great 4th.:patriot:

I had a problem with my 8.25 No-Slip purchased from 4wd.com. The 4wd.com people were friendly but not very knowledgeable. They ended up referring me to the TECH department at PowerTrax. I got the help I needed directly from PowerTrax. Sorry, I don't remember if the parts were slotted or not when I did the install.

The install instructions from PowerTrax are less than clear and may contain some bad information.

Call the 800 number for PowerTrax. Have the locker handy, they can check the part numbers on each piece of the locker to be sure you have all the right parts.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip :thumbup:. I feel like an idot because I was searching "powertrax" and never dragged up that post. I'll probably get it installed this weekend then. I sent an email to Richmond tech support this morning about the issue. I'll post up their reply just for the record (for future searchers).

Back