• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would you PLUG it?

rokclimbertx

NAXJA Member #1267
gotta small hole/leak in a tire... it's a bad spot, not sure if i want to or should plug it... take a look, i marked where the hole is... (it's actually on the inside but same as area as shown)

2-1.jpg

won't have a new tire for a coupla days... those 33X10's aren't too common...

id just stick a single plug into it, i ahd to do that once for ,my tires and its still holding up just great.

I'd plug it if I didn't have road hazard on it. Looks too new to scrap it.

plug it. I got a hole in almost the exact same spot on a brand new Procomp MT before. Plugged it and it holds air just fine. If you have 5 of them you could just make it a spare if you want to be safe.

that far over on the shoulder a plug will roll off once you drive on it. A plug is your only hope.

Yeah as suggested I would plug it from the inside. It will never leak again. Use it for a spare but I would not be scared to keep it on the ground. Might be better as a non-steering tire though, b/c there is less stress in a turn with it on the rear.

You cant patch that on the sidewall there. The patch WILL come off. I drove a set of tires for over a year with up to 15 plugs in it.

Back