• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AEM Air Bypass Valve

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
While browsing the internet i found this

"Waterproof Your Cold Air Intake System"
AEM's patented Air Bypass Valve eliminates the chance of hydro-lock should the filter of your AEM Cold Air Intake System become submerged in water. The Air Bypass Valve is only for use with the AEM Cold Air Intake System. In most cases, the valve installs along the upper portion of the inlet pipe and shuts down induction at the filter when submerged. Air is then rerouted through its external diaphragm to keep water out and air flowing in.

Key Features:
  • Durable, sonically welded, nylon-reinforced cage
  • Urethane flapper valves
  • C.A.R.B exempt (50 state legal)
http://www.tirerack.com/intake/aem/air_bypass_valve.jsp

This might be useful for someone makink their own CAI or snorkel. Just wanted to pass it on.

However one question to make it tech...it says it will reroute air through the extenal diaphagm. what is an external diaphragm???

Josh

I use one on the CAI on my wife's car. The filter sits down low in the bumper in front of the driver's side tire and my wife has a tendancy to drive through big puddles.

They work, and I'd much rather suck in a little less filtered air than a bunch of water.

Back