• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gremlins in my hvac (informative)

skid_j2x

NAXJA Forum User
2000 sport, 4.0, four wheels and a spare..

last night leaving the camp ground as i pulled up to the main road, it felt like the air was a bit stagnant, even with the front windows down.. so i turned the fan up ( not on a/c, just the vent) and there was nothing..
so today in the light, i pulled the cover off from over the rheostat asembly and gave it a quick visual inspection.. and since i was going to check the resistance of each setting to see if it were bad, i decided to see if i had power to it.. lo and behold there was no juice to the rheostat.. the fan relay is behind the glovebox ( easily removed by the three screws at the bottom of the box door) i pulled the relay and noticed the two of the five pins were a bit discolored and the plastic housing was alittle distorted, as if it got too hot.. i just happened to have a spare five pin and viola.. problem fixed.. saved me a trip to the bone yard and a bunch of other diagnostic testing too.. just thought id mention it

Back