• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front and rear bumpers the same?

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
While looking for a new front bumper it occurred to me that there are a lot more rear bumpers intact in junked cars. So can I use a rear bumper on the front of my 96 sport?

Also, anyone have any tips on getting the damned thing off?

the same? dont think so. they sure mount differently.

once you get under there to get the bumper off it will be obvious which bolts to remove.

tigerShark said:
the same? dont think so. they sure mount differently.

once you get under there to get the bumper off it will be obvious which bolts to remove.

Yeah I see the bolts to remove, though only 1 is in its original position and the others have been bent around. Would it be possible to mount a rear in the front?

Dest said:
Yeah I see the bolts to remove, though only 1 is in its original position and the others have been bent around. Would it be possible to mount a rear in the front?
i suppose you could drill new mounting holes. sure would be a helluva lot easier to just go pull a front bumper from the JY. you could even repaint it to make it look all new and stuff.

Every XJ I've seen at the yard except for one doesn't have the front bumper lol. Thats at 2 yards too. How much should a bumper cost from a jy too?

Dest said:
Every XJ I've seen at the yard except for one doesn't have the front bumper lol. Thats at 2 yards too. How much should a bumper cost from a jy too?
39.99 at my yard.

you might be able to make the rear bumper fit the front mounts if you have to.

Back