• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bump stops were cut off...

jragan

NAXJA Forum User
So the idiot that owned it before me cut the bumpstop off right at the holder for the rubber. So the bolt was cut and ist still in the upper spring mount. Figure I have a few options... get stop bumpstops for a junk yard drop the axle drill out the bolt and reinstall. Just sounds like a pain.. Thinking my other option might be these http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/cPath/91_3052/products_id/32557?osCsid=31242df496c29216472d6e2fe588ee98 ..

Figure I have the puck from my RE lift already in there, can get a longer bolt and install these Currie stops along with the RE. The Curries have the Poly so I would not be steel on steel if I happen to hit the stop.

Thoughts or other ideas?

Some bumpstop holders were weld ons like on my 94, but on some models IIRC +97 there were bolted so try to see if these ones will fit.

Or you can $$$ ACOS or hydraulic bumpstop since they are readily cut

Try to post a picture

Mine were cut as well, went with hockey pucks and all thread. or weld something back in there and use single stud screw-in stops

bcmaxx said:
Mine were cut as well, went with hockey pucks and all thread. or weld something back in there and use single stud screw-in stops

Think this gives me the cheapest\easiest options. Some jeeps (TJ) have the rubber that pops out then cup unbolts. Think I might see what I can do with that setup.

Thanks for posting guy!

Oddly, mine were also cut when I first got my XJ. The fix was to weld a 4" piece of exhaust tubing onto the stub, and basically shove one (on each side) extended poly bump stop into the tube. Works great, and there's room for the poly to contract into the tube during flex. Can post pics if you wish.

Back