• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with my rocksliders...

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pretty new to the whole scene here, and I looked around as best I could, but nothing really was helping much...

Anyways, I had some time on my hands today, and some steel, and after a little while of playing around I decided to make some sliders for my Jeep. All I have so far is the outer rails and the struts welded together, and I'm at the point where I don't know what the best route would be to fasten them to the frame rails of the Jeep itself. I thought of attempting to weld right to the frame, but that metal looks pretty thin, and I'm not a great welder to begin with. Then I thought of bolting them somehow, but without a sleeve inside the frame, it'd just collapse the frame. And the question there is how to put the sleeve inside the frame?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get this afternoon project to stick onto my Jeep?

This is where it's at right now:
Sliders.gif

you'll want to attach the sliders to the pinch seam near the outside edge. as for attaching them to the fram you can sleeve the frame (drill oversize pass tube thru and weld tube in place) use self tapping bolts or nutserts.

Tie into the factory hole you see in the rear leaf spring hanger like AJ's sliders do. I used self tapping screws. If you are going to sleeve the frame drill one side large enough for the sleeve to fit inside and use the bolt head and washer or a plate of some sort to keep it inside the rail.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back