• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Mounting Used Brushgard

AlabamaDan

NAXJA Forum User
So, I lucked up and found this used Winch Brush Guard.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...o/100_0738.jpg

I haven't quite figured out how it was intended to mount using the four small brackets, but I have decided that it even if I figure how they intended the mount, it's not really strong enough for recovery. Those little brackets that came with it aren't even as strong as the 4x4 tow hooks people around here use.

So, I thought that it might be a Warn Transformer Winch Mount and called Warn. While it still might be, I don't think it is. It is production peice of equipment however. Anyway, Warn sent me their mounting instructions, which look almost as weak as what I have.

I've been searching off an on all day, with no luck. So as I realize that I'll have to fab up my own mounting brackets, can someone help me figure out how they should work. I'm guessing something that goes down along the side of the uniframe rail, but how thick? How long? Do I need a plate on both sides and one long bolt to go through? Should I just make plates and weld them onto the uniframe rails? That seems kinda permanent doesn't it. Might not want that.

:helpme:

Thanks ahead of time.

Can't see the pic, but my advise would be once you think it is mounted good, then go and make it stronger. Overkill the brakcets and then you don't have to worry.

I'll try and dig up the old Warn pdf. I had a really heavy duty "u" shaped bracket fabricated that fits inside the bumper against the bumper brackets. Two bolts through the bumper to the winch mount, two bolts through the side into the bumper bracket and through some tow hook brackets, and then two bolts through the back into the sheet metal. Plus, there's the two arms that extend on the bottom that connect near the sway bar brackets. The original mount was rated for 6000lbs. I'm hoping that my upgraded brackets take it to 8000lbs.

Back