• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no-slip broke

NSW Sparky

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have this problem the locker it is a little over 2 yrs old only runs 31's has about 15000 miles on it and it is my DD. Last year I noticed it would load and unload violently when going around right hand corners. Then this winter it stopped making noise but it would mostly only drive on the passenger side wheel it would take a lot to make the driver side spin. and in reverse it would only spin the passenger tire. I took it apart and the locker would not come out, so after working on it for an hour I finally got the locker to fall out of the carrier, with it came a few pieces of metal. The pieces came from the skinny inner ring, the teeth had broke and had wedged in there causing the left side of the locker to not fully engage. The skinny ring on both sides has teeth missing but the big teeth are sill intact.

Anyone else have this problem, do you think I can just purchase the ring or will it run without the ring if I can get it out.
locker2.jpg

locker1.jpg

Mine broke like that, but it had less than 100 miles on it. They sent me a new locker that I've put about 45,000 miles on since then. I think that they sent me a new one before I returned the old one. Very good folks to deal with.

if you call them up they can probably give you a part number to just replace the part that is bad, assuming it is just the one side gear. Summit sells all the pieces to build a no-slip from parts but you need to know the part number.

Back