• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog lights on a '98 (not the switch)

jkmhb

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having trouble getting the foglights to work on my '98. I changed the switch and it didn't fix it.

I believe from the wiring diagram, the purple wire is supposed to have 12 volts when then headlights are on - it doesn't. I thought that maybe it could be the relay, so I swapped that with the AC relay as a test. Still no 12 volts, it is only registering 0.5 volts.

Any ideas?

On my 2000 one of the mini fuses in the PDC is for the fog lights. It is unmarked. Pull each mini fuse and look for one that is blown.

i noticed what a poor design those foggers are, check that wiring for green gremlins and deterioration.. when i bought my 2000 i noticed one of the two lights didnt work, thought it was bulb, but found that the lamp was totally rotted inside.. got another off ebay for $15..

check the wiring at the front end for shorts. if the vehicle ever sustained frontal damage, or even just a bump the wires could have been damaged causing a short and not replaced durring the repair.

Back