• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New bushings on old jeep

czb83

NAXJA Forum User
Well i've managed to find some free time, so was looking into doing some maintenance on my 93 XJ(2wd). I've done the major things, but now I'm looking at bushings, as I'm guessing after 15years there probably not in the best shape. Also, pretty much every boot is torn, and has been for years. I grease them every 5-10k miles, and my steering seems ok, but I figure its time to clean it all up.

Heres what I'm thinking
upper and/or lower control arm - bushing or whole arm with bushing already in?
There is a poly kit for about $70 with all the control arm bushings, but it seems
like a pain to press them in.

tie rod ends 3 short, should I bother with the long one - much more exp to replace

ball joints
track bar bushing - poly
rear swap bar link
rear main eye - poly-
rear shackles - poly -
front and rear bump stops

I already have poly front sway bar bushings.

Any thing i forgot? I'm not sure if it will be worth it to replace bump stops and rear main eye/shackles. I wanted poly control arm bushings, but if its too much of pain, i might just buy control arm with bushings pressed in.

This sound good? Suggestions?

My sway bar bushings are poly, and don't get noisy until after about 3-4 months and which point I grease them up and they get quiet again. I should have gotten the ones with zerk fitting, so I don't have to keep taking them off, but i guess its not that bad.

I'm guessing there is probably areas where poly makes sense, and places where they would be too noisy. I'm just not sure of the right combination.

I have only seen CA poly bushings seperate, meaning I need to press them in myself. From what I'm reading its not that easy.

Back