• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex End for Track Bar

Twicepardoned

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a flex end to replace the crappy rubber bushing on the track bar I have. I found 2, one by Tera Flex for about $60 and one by Rusty's for $40ish.

The Rustys is 'designed' for Control arms but I figure it should be just as good for the TB bracket side.

They both have a very high strength and are rebuildable but I was curious if anyone had used these for a custom application.

:helpme:

I have the Tera's on the axle-side of a custom track-bar. I used the medium-sized joint they offer in a 7/8x18 thread, which is the same size as the so called Chevy 1-ton ends. The cartridge can accept a rubber bushing (factory UCA) or the spherical joint. I used rubber for 5 months and have now ran the spherical for 1 year. I may eventually end back up with rubber once again, but I'm not in any rush. I haven't noticed any play developing in the spherical cartridge.

currie makes a jhonny joint that fits right in the stock trackbar bracket at the axle end.

I swear I am not lazy so bare with me here BUT I seem to have misplaced my tape measure and can't figure out with size to buy for the RE1600 HD Bracket. Is it the 2 or 2.5 inch?

I think it'll be hard to make a bad choice here but I'm gonna spend a bit more because my tires are putting a beating on the bushings.. I am tired of driving 35 or less to keep the DW at bay.

I have the Tera's on the axle-side of a custom track-bar. I used the medium-sized joint they offer in a 7/8x18 thread, which is the same size as the so called Chevy 1-ton ends. The cartridge can accept a rubber bushing (factory UCA) or the spherical joint. I used rubber for 5 months and have now ran the spherical for 1 year. I may eventually end back up with rubber once again, but I'm not in any rush. I haven't noticed any play developing in the spherical cartridge.

currie makes a jhonny joint that fits right in the stock trackbar bracket at the axle end.

Have you guy's got any links or part #'s. I have not seen any flex joints that fit the axle end.

Last edited:
the stock track bar bushing on the axle side is 1-3/4" wide, i suggest a heim with high mis alignment spacers with an 1/8" washer on each side. your tired of beating up bushings, get rid of the bushing all togeather.

88rockxj said:
the stock track bar bushing on the axle side is 1-3/4" wide, i suggest a heim with high mis alignment spacers with an 1/8" washer on each side. your tired of beating up bushings, get rid of the bushing all togeather.

That's the point of the thread...:looney:

RCP Phx said:
Have you guy's got any links or part #'s. I have not seen any flex joints that fit the axle end.

I used Tera's 985. But it is in a custom Over Axle Bracket due to my WJ Steering. Tera makes three different sizes and I have the middle unit. For all I know the small may fit in the factory location.

I saw the 985s on Teras website but I couldn't find them on the Tera Vendors websites.

Which place did you buy from?

Twicepardoned said:
I saw the 985s on Teras website but I couldn't find them on the Tera Vendors websites.

Which place did you buy from?

In the past I have bought the majority of my Tera components from the now defunct DC4WD. My last Tera purchase was from Kolak (if my memory serves me right). Any Tera vendor should be able to order these for you, whether they're willing to or not is another story.

I have two 985R (R is for Righthand thread and of course L is left). One is a spare with a spherical cartridge pressed into it. I also have a set of OE UCA rubber bushings at the ready. Originally I had one of the rubber bushings pressed into it. Five months later I had death wobble. The bushing seemed fine, but I was worried that it was softening in a way that I couldn't get it to show me by hand and might be the cause of the DW. So I replaced it with a spherical, which didn't fix my problem.

But instead of yanking it again and pressing one thing out and another rubber back in I left it. If the spherical dies down the road, I might go back to rubber again. These UCA bushings are larger than the OE swaybar bushing and I would think will last longer than a bar with OE.

Once again I have to warn you that the Tera piece with their spherical eye in the medium size was around 2" across, if I remember correctly. So this size won't fit into the stock position.

Twicepardoned said:
I swear I am not lazy so bare with me here BUT I seem to have misplaced my tape measure and can't figure out with size to buy for the RE1600 HD Bracket. Is it the 2 or 2.5 inch?

I think it'll be hard to make a bad choice here but I'm gonna spend a bit more because my tires are putting a beating on the bushings.. I am tired of driving 35 or less to keep the DW at bay.

Don't you mean the 1665 bracket? I haven't had any issues at 6" of lift with the RE1660/1665 track bar and HD bracket. I've NEVER had death wobble.
The factory bar and the RE 1600 bar have have a vertical frame attachment that well, works against you. The HD bar fixes this. Unless you have really good fab skills, building a trackbar is something I wouldn't do on my own. Consider the RE 1660/1665 combo.

How is everything else in the front end, bushings, etc? When I lifted mine I did the RE 5.5" extreme duty kit with drop brackets, HD bar. I also replaced the bushings in the axle housing, along with making sure my steering linkage was good. I'm running the JCR 1Ton now with a durango box.

Back