• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE BB question

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Do you guys who have had theirs for a while like it. Do the full AAL's sag. I hear the shocks are kinda rough(no biggie). Just want some feedback

my bad posted it in the wrong place thanks for moving it

If your stock leaf springs are not flat or inverted into a frown the RE full Lent AAL works well and doesn't sag. Mine is 3 years old and still holding up. Just be sure to extend your bump stops. Over-flexing a leaf spring will cause it it to sag in as little as one day on the trails.

Deutsch Tech DT3000 shocks ride nicely on the road and the trails and are so much better than the Rancho shocks I had before.

cool i planned on upgrading to a full pack in a year or so so i am not too worried about that. How much bumpstop should i add because i am gonna get rid of my Rear sway bar when i do it. should it be around thae same as the lift amount or less. It has 235s on it now and i would like to get some 30in MTR's when these wear out. Thanks for the info man can't wait to get this thing in the air:thumbup:

Add a spacer to the rear bump stop and glue a hockey puck to the front axle pad (inside the coils springs). Get some 1.5 inch square or rectangular steel tube and drill holes to match the stock bump stop. Add some longer bolts and you are back in business.

89norcalxj,
You might rub a little. Just depends on how much "bumpstop" ya use.
A 10.50 wide tire will rub the lower control arms at full lock. 2 fixes...1 washers behind the steering stops... 2 Grand Cherokee lower arms.

Tim_MN said:
Get some 1.5 inch square or rectangular steel tube and drill holes to match the stock bump stop. Add some longer bolts and you are back in business.
Thats what I did for the rear, never did do anything with the front..

1.jpg

Cool Thanks Tim I will be taking The week of memorial day off to get this(and some maintenance) done. I know its not gonna take more than a few hours for the lift but you know how those shock bolts are in the rear. So i guess I can get hockey pucks at the sporting goods store and some square tubing and make some bumpstop extensions that week too

I know its not gonna take more than a few hours for the lift
==============================================
Sir, once you stated down this road. Your never done. Say goodbye to the wife and kiddies. Kiss your wallet goodbye.
You been warned!

drifto77 said:
89norcalxj,
You might rub a little. Just depends on how much "bumpstop" ya use.
A 10.50 wide tire will rub the lower control arms at full lock. 2 fixes...1 washers behind the steering stops... 2 Grand Cherokee lower arms.

...different offset rims. That makes 3 fixes.

Back