• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Curious.. 35"s?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
So im setup on an AAL in the rear and 3" spacers in the front, Im lookin to do a full 4.5" lift real soon, i know that will clear 33"s. as i plan to trim the fenders, but if i did the 4.5. and later did a 1.5"ish spacer setup, (cheap) would i clear 35"s? sure.. its general physics. im having to trim for 33"s but want to clear 35"s with only a 1.5 upgrade. but i wanna know if anyone has a 6" setup on 35"s? :dunno:

:geek:

Yes, lots of people. A little trimming and 35"s will fit on 4.5"-ish of lift. make sure you have 3.75" backspacing on your wheels so that you can turn and not rub your leafs and control arms.

yeah you can do it with some trimming, but remember 35s are a huge step up. Theres lots to have to be upgraded before you can run 35s. Axles, steering, etc...

On my last rig I ran 35's on 3 inches. I did do alot of trimming but I did like the setup of big tires and low cog.

Im runing a 4in lift and im siting on 35's. The front fenders are cut but didnt need to do any to the back (and didnt want to cut the back. Cant fix it if you dont end up liking it.)

I havnt goten a chance to wheel it yet ( Gonna tommrrow ) but i am kinnda limited on flex in the rear, so it is gonna go up another 2-3". but you should be able to run them.

Now on upgrades i didnt have to do any on my 1st 87 Cherokee cheif. it was a 4L with a 5spd and the 5spd's seem to have a lot more tourq, I ran stock everything and never had any problems. ( BUT.....I dont BEAT my rig. I am hard on it but i dont rally the piss out of it.) Now im running another 87 chief. same set up. 4L, 5spd and stock gears and dana 30/35.

Thats what i have found. I know others have found other things but thought i would thro my 2 cents in.

Hope it works out for ya.

Heres my 1st cheif
DSCN0792.jpg

and my 2nd one. (the one i have now)
05-11-08_1550.jpg

05-11-08_1549.jpg

05-11-08_1552.jpg

Bumpstops are the key with 35's on a smaller lift. It can be done and very successfully if you take the appropriate measure to keep the wheels out of the body. And the COG benefits are spectacular!

Back