• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

towing ??

drift1

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3.5" lift and was wondering if i remove the rear swaybar will that affect my jeep when i tow??
THANKS

When I was running my RE 4.5 SF kit I did not have a rear swaybar and I pulled my boat every weekend in the summer without any problems. Now granted I was only going less then 20 miles to the lake at the time, it still performed well.

i pulled my rear sway bar and did not notice a difference for normal driving. the things are so small anyway. the front sway bar is the one that does all the work in the xj. however, i have never towed anything... i plan on towing and don't see how it will be a problem though.

As for the rear sway bar. I found that if you load her much on top not having one shows up much more then towing. I have tow 4820 LB with no bar. (but not recommended) Keep the load low and all will go well.

Coast Guard Jeep said:
I just added HD leaf springs to my '99 so I can tow my 17ft aluminum boat on a 22ft trailer from Maine to Florida. I've got a throttle body spacer and K&N precharger. I hope nothing goes wrong!

Be easy on the skinny pedal. Keep it out of overdrive and don't expect to be in the left lane much. I tow a dual axle pop-up camper loaded with the house thanks to the girlfriend. This while it was 90 outside last summer and running the A/C in the Porcupine mountains without an issue. Grant you no where near the mileage you have to go but the right lane was my friend. Travel safe. :thumbup:

Back