• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockrite question

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just wondering if a lockrite locker out of a 2000 tj will work in my 91 xj? I can get one for a good price and just want to make sure it will work before i get it.

Thanks,
Ben

I doubt it. I don't know about TJs but if it was an XJ it would have the 8.25 29 spline rear end and you have a dana 35 or a 27 spline 8.25. If you have the 8.25 then you could swap axles and carrier maybe

If you give more info about both axles I'm sure someone smarter than me can give you a more definitive answer.

Dana 30 yes all dana 30 tj yj xj are the same i think the cj is the same but not sure (I'm only talking carriers)

The dana 35 the only difference it that one has c clips and the other doesn't.

Ya i just realized that i didn't put down what axle it was for. It is for the dana 30. So from what you said rogersjeep, it should work for me then correct?

jonnyghost said:
I doubt it. I don't know about TJs but if it was an XJ it would have the 8.25 29 spline rear end and you have a dana 35 or a 27 spline 8.25. If you have the 8.25 then you could swap axles and carrier maybe

.. what?
jonnyghost said:
If you give more info about both axles I'm sure someone smarter than me can give you a more definitive answer.

To the OP .. a dana 30 locker is a dana 30 locker, you're good to swap.

Back