• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am officially non-xj

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys.

I still have it, but its going up for sale.

I am the new owner of a 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited

4.7L V8, Silver, Leather, All loaded out.

Should make one hell of a new Sweep vehicle.

i knew i shouldn't have gotten to close to you. :bawl:

thats o.k. i guess, we'll talk ya into beatin the sheeeet out of it sooner or later. :laugh3:

OD-XJ said:
You are dead to me now.

I keed, I keed!

Sounds like a nice Jeep. Where's the pictures at?

-Jeremy

Honestly I really wanted a 2000-2001 Cherokee to replace this one with, but it just wasn't happening. To find a good condition low mileage white or silver XJ 4 door with all options is the impossible mission. I found 2 in all of the Portland metro, and one was banged up, and the other was modified up and none of the windows worked.

So I settled a little, but I love this thing, I'm so glad I did.

aussiewheeler said:
So what are the plans for the grand, is it gonna be strictly sweep?

pretty much, but its only really because I hardly have time to wheel anymore anyways. I'm sure it will see some NAXJA events here and there. I'll even put tape over the "Grand" part of the emblems when I wheel with you guys.

mojojojo said:
i knew i shouldn't have gotten to close to you. :bawl:

thats o.k. i guess, we'll talk ya into beatin the sheeeet out of it sooner or later. :laugh3:

It's gonna stay pretty, but it'll be well protected to help do so!

V8's are badass.

l_6c9f255d3d1782f1f4f2346f38f922eb.jpg

l_b99d8da2863ff29c78120fc31308b1f3.jpg

l_06d822ebfba853e0d5c665382381b749.jpg

Bye Bye old Jeeep

l_9bf7c6107184599dca87ebe99b6a3ca7.jpg

mud1059 said:
So I'm confused. You put a lot of time and money into your rig being a sweep vehicle/DD/wheeler.

Well, I started with the XJ to build a daily driver/weekend wheeler.

About a year into that I started into rally sweep.

So my focus changed. The two activities really require vehicles built much differently, so building differently has always been in the back of my mind.

Then the XJ's problem list just kept getting longer. More and more and more crap that it needs. I really just got tired of dumping money into something that isn't worth much, and never getting ahead in the game with it. Its loud in cab, the doors don't seal well, it has numerous leaks, it needs steering work, its too tall, it needs better swaybars, the motor has 200K and its tired, and theres a hole in the floor from a muffler burning through.

There's just a point for me where it makes more sense to invest in something new that will have some longevity and looks and comfort (oh so comfortable), and cut my losses and pull the plug on the Jeep living on life support.

Thats a good looking wj, I hear you on the comfort of the grands, when we have one on the lot they are vehicle of choice for my afternoon naps, those buckets up front are like lazy boy recliners

Well, I'll say it welcome to the WJ's... We have a 2000 loaded GC limited V8 which also has the Quadra-Drive....
basically lockers front and rear when needed on demand..
It is bad-ass... with that V8. I have seen quote's of 0-60 mph times of 7.3 seconds for an suv.. not bad.
they are not as fast as a 5.9L ZJ, but the WJ V8's get much better fuel economy.. 14/19 rated MPG versus 11/16 rated 5.9L.. I have already got 19 mpg from my 4.7L on a tankful.
I hope you didn't get the climate control with the individual automatic zone control system..? You most likely have that climate control system as I do..:-( Nice but,
Warning, they can be problem prone. see tagline..
http://www.wjjeeps.com/climate.htm
I just couldn't find a Limited V8 Quadra-Drive with out the automatic zone control system.
I haven't had any problems since I got it in Sept 07'... i'm ready for it though..lol

Last edited:
TORX said:
Your going to be sweepin in luxury now! Plus the 4.7 should have just a little bit more power than the XJ. ;)

Will you be using it for Oregon Trail?

I thought about trying to get the light bar transferred over and the radio installed next weekend, but I just don't think I'll have the time to get it done.

I want to though, means I could get the XJ sold quicker too.

Outdoors said:
Well, I'll say it welcome to the WJ's... We have a 2000 loaded GC limited V8 which also has the Quadra-Drive....
It is bad-ass... with that V8. I have seen quote's of 0-60 mph times of 7.3 seconds for an suv.. not bad.
they are not as fast as a 5.9L ZJ, but the WJ V8's get much better fuel economy.. 14/19 rated MPG versus 11/16 rated 5.9L.. I have already got 19 mpg from my 4.7L on a tankful.
I hope you didn't get the climate control with the individual automatic zone control system..? You most likely have that climate control system as I do..:-( Nice but,
I just couldn't find a Limited V8 Quadra-Drive with out the automatic zone control system.
I haven't had any problems since I got it in Sept 07'... i'm ready for it though..lol

Yeah mine has the individual side to side temp controls. I hope I don't have any issues with it.

I love the quadra-drive in the rain so far. I was out driving around yesterday and its holding a 16mpg average so far.

IXNAYXJ said:
Ask blkxjkrawler about his brief affair with a WJ. It did not end well.

Remember that scene in Herbie when the Lambo 350 GT got killed? Like I said...not pretty.

-----Matt-----

I have no idea what you're talking about. What's herbie?

Dude - thats nicer than my ZJ! Ours is the one I tow my horse with and I love it - V8 of course but, mine is a 94! I would have traded or sold to you if I saw you were lookin!

BTW - Herbie (if I remember correctly) was a talking VW bug back in the 70's...

OD-XJ said:
Dude....your admitting you watched that?

-Jeremy
Hey, eat shit and die. Besides the amazing acting and cinematography (okay...maybe a stretch), there is some unbelievable footage of 50's and 60's California sports car racing. Some really cool cars that time has forgotten, like the Apollo GT played starring roles. I even think Phil Hill makes a cameo.

And no, Herbie never talked.

-----Matt-----

Luckys Lady said:
Dude - thats nicer than my ZJ! Ours is the one I tow my horse with and I love it - V8 of course but, mine is a 94! I would have traded or sold to you if I saw you were lookin!

BTW - Herbie (if I remember correctly) was a talking VW bug back in the 70's...

Oh a 94 woulda been a little too old for me, I'm happy with my 02!

I can't wait to get it up on some suspension and tires!

Outdoors said:

Oh man you're killing me...I have this problem.

Temperature coming from the HVAC system blows cold air only. - Air temperature remains cold regardless of the position of the temperature knob. Observe the temp door actuators on the HVAC housing while rotating the temp knob. If the actuators rotate, but the air temp does not change, the problem could be a broken temp door or temp door stop. Blend doors and doorstops are available through the Mopar Parts. The part number of the doorstop is 05012711AA.

super common problem on the wj's with the dual climate control not all that easy of a fix, not all that hard either though, dash comes out, blend doors come out blend doors get replaced dash goes back in.

You will probably save between 500-1000 depending on where you take it by doing it yourself, I think customer pay at the shop where I work would be around 1100 total, I can double check tomorrow for a more exact number, the 1100 estimate is based on the dozen or so I have seen sitting in the shop minus dashes in the past few months.

Doyle said:
super common problem on the wj's with the dual climate control not all that easy of a fix, not all that hard either though, dash comes out, blend doors come out blend doors get replaced dash goes back in.

You will probably save between 500-1000 depending on where you take it by doing it yourself, I think customer pay at the shop where I work would be around 1100 total, I can double check tomorrow for a more exact number, the 1100 estimate is based on the dozen or so I have seen sitting in the shop minus dashes in the past few months.

Yeah I've been researching more. How hard is pulling the dash?

I've got a call into the place where I bought it to see if I can get them to do something about it.

Back