• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nuts and Bolts

if u take nuts and bolts make sure the fit together. :clap: :party: :cheers:

Don't forget the duct tape. And don't forget to have a selection of fuses and basic electrical supplies. As far as fasteners, just grab a few of the basics, both standard and metric. Make them longer than normal, better to have them a couple of inches longer than a 1/4 inch to short!

a list of trail useful bolts.

driveshaft bolts
the bolts that hold in the unit bearings (they can be damaged if a joint breaks violently)
and a variety of small metric bolts.
steering box bolts

I carry a large assortment of nuts and bolts. From 5/16's to 1/2". As stated usually longer ones rather than shorter ones. I also carry a couple of sets of drive shaft ubolts/straps&bolts as well as a set of leaf spring center pins.
Most things I have in a small parts box in the rear bed come from breaking (or someone breaking) something and my adding that combo prior to the next run.
I have broken drive shaft straps&Ubolts, spring center pins, used the spare bolts to reattach a TJ axle when the guy broke the upper and lower control arm mounts, steering boxes, spring shackle bolts, shock bolts, then list goes on.
A few things besides bolts that will serve you well, a few hose clamps, especially small fuel line sizes, axle ujoint half moon clips, some RTV, a length of twine, some black tape and of course the ever present duct tape.

Spring for a small 12"x12" compartmentalized storage box and go wheel. Then toss the few things in that seem to be needed when you are out. Soon you will carry around 20 lbs of small parts but will be Johnny on the Spot when "That Guy" didn't do any Preventative Maintenance or you actually need a leaf spring centering pin. (which has happened to me twice).

Back