• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

c02 tank refill?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
hey, just trying to see where you guys go to get your c02 tanks refilled. I got a 10lb tank that I'm trying to have filled...I dont want to do an exchange. I've been to a place in Kent a couple times but they only do it on certain days when they have enough tanks for it to be worthwhile for them. Anybody know of anywhere in the Puyallup/Tacoma area? Thanks.

northwestxj said:
I actually called praxair and they would only do exchange but they recommended I call sports etc. pawn shop off of 410. Ended up getting it done there...

Didn't think about that, a lot of paintball places will do it too. I've been doing the 20# bottle and just exchaning it, but /w less space in the YJ now, I think I'm gonna go to a 10# bottle. Find a really nice one, polish it all up, and make it look good.

J

diving shops are a good place to go also if you have one close, they are used to filling the smaller tanks.

Avanteone said:
Didn't think about that, a lot of paintball places will do it too. I've been doing the 20# bottle and just exchaning it, but /w less space in the YJ now, I think I'm gonna go to a 10# bottle. Find a really nice one, polish it all up, and make it look good.

J
You should incorporate it into the cooler rack.

Sean

Ba-Riedo said:
I thought that painted tanks weren't filled at most welding stores or is that not true? Or is it just the ones that say coke arent filled?

-Alex

Most painted tanks won't get filled @ welding store. MOST coke/pepsi tanks are painted.

J

northwestxj said:
I actually called praxair and they would only do exchange but they recommended I call sports etc. pawn shop off of 410. Ended up getting it done there...

If they did a pressure balance, your tank isn't full. Weigh it before and after. 10lb aluminum tank should weigh about 24lbs full and 14 empty.

northwestxj said:

How long ago was this? Is that place still there? I believe it's gone.

can i get an address??:eyes:

Back