• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

minimum lift for 33s

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
i have ben thinking about lifting my jeep soon and was trying to decide on what lift to get:dunno: . i was thinking about getting the rough country 3 inch lift. they advertise as being able to fit 31s but i was wondering if anyone was running this lift with 33s. will they fit with 3 inches and some fender trimming? if not i also had the idea of getting the lift and then adding some 1.75in spacers and 2 inch shackles to get about 4.5 or so and using sone adjustable control arms and such. which would be the cheaper/ easier way to go?

i did search but found nothing that satisfyed me:paperwork

tnt has ran 33x 10.5"s with no lift but he has a doctoral degree in fender trimming. everyone will tell you a different number but the key is bumpstops, fender trimming and knowing how much up travel compared to howmuch droop you want.

3 in lift with 33's and tj flares, and lot's of cutting.

Picture107.jpg

As said before...

sawzall1.jpg

To actually contribute to this thread, I run 33x10.50s on 4.5". Works good for me, I can get all of the travel out of my suspension without bumpstop restrictions.

3" lift is plenty. You don't have to hack it like a mad man....just keep it clean. Here is mecompco's rig, he's got a real clean rig....3" lift, 33x10.50's, stock BS.

33sona3.jpg

jonb8 said:
3 in lift with 33's and tj flares, and lot's of cutting.

Picture107.jpg

Are those 33x12.50s? 4" BS? Do you still get a good amount of upwards articulation with that setup? I was going to run 10.50's so they can still stuff instead of hitting the fenders.

BruceB83 said:
3" lift is plenty. You don't have to hack it like a mad man....just keep it clean. Here is mecompco's rig, he's got a real clean rig....3" lift, 33x10.50's, stock BS.

33sona3.jpg

Thanks, Bruce. We're getting the ARB bumper and snorkle put on in the next week or so. Had to buzz about 2" of the ends of the ARB to match the trim :) Oh, and my front hitch had to go, but I guess it's worth it for the winch.

33s_No_Flares.jpg

Here's a pic taken right after we trimmed and got the 33s on. Lift is ~3" OME/JKS, with OME AAL added to the pack. When the bumper and winch go on I'll have to crank up the ACOS a bit to compensate.

Tires are BFG 33x10.5s on Alcoa 8x15 rims with 5.25" BS so they tuck in really tight.

I'm running 33's with the RE 4.5 kit here are the only pics I have right now

and another with an XJ with a 3 inch rough country and 31's

click to enlarge

I was running 33's with 4.5 inches of lift and fender trimmed to get me added room for flex. I just went to 6.5" and I think I am going to run 35's on the street and keep my 33's for the trail. Check out this link I have some control arms for a 4-4.5" lift for sale.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=950988

Back