• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan vibration

supplex5

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a new water pump this last weekend and found a broken tab on my electric fan when I went to re install it. Once I put it in, I had a horribly annoying vibration. Called the dealer, they wanted 472 dollars for a new one. I bought a new one from 4 wheel parts for 140, put it in, still some vibration, the old fan has electrical tape-like material on the tab which I assumed was for vibration control. So I went ahead and put some on the new one. no dice, still annoying vibration. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how was it remedied? What am I missing? THanks

supplex5 said:
I installed a new water pump this last weekend and found a broken tab on my electric fan when I went to re install it. Once I put it in, I had a horribly annoying vibration. Called the dealer, they wanted 472 dollars for a new one. I bought a new one from 4 wheel parts for 140, put it in, still some vibration, the old fan has electrical tape-like material on the tab which I assumed was for vibration control. So I went ahead and put some on the new one. no dice, still annoying vibration. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how was it remedied? What am I missing? THanks

472 dollars:shiver:, thats more than some of us paid for our jeeps!

The blade assy must be spin balanced, if one blade has more or less weight in a certain place than the others it throws the entire fan out of balance, causing vibration. A bent blade will cause the same broblem. Just go to a local junk yard and pull a good used one for about $20. Save the others in case you need just a motor someday.

Back