• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powertrax

i was thinking of getting a powtrax for my 98 but i think i have a limited slip in my diff and it looks as though they don't make one for the limited slip carrier.
is this correct? whats the reason they don't make one? is it because the powertrax is similar in performance to the lsd so there is no point to upgrade.

First of all, the term "Powertrax" is being a bit vague. There are two Powertrax lockers - the Powertrax Lock Right and the Powertrax No-Slip. Both of these are full lockers and are a vast improvement over a factory Trac-Loc.

There IS a No-Slip available for the 8.25 Trac-Loc carrier. I have one in my Jeep.

thanks for the reply. sorry about not being clear, i was refering to to the powertrax no slip as i do not want a lock right as my xj is still my daily driver. do you have the part number for the powertrax no slip that fits the track lock carrier? the powertrax application chart i was looking at did not list one.
you also answered me question about whether the pwertrax was an improvment over the stock limited slip. looks like i might be getting one.

The difference between a limited slip TracLoc and the No Slip locker is like night and day... and can be purchased to fit inside the TracLock carrier. This is why some people refer to the LocRite and No Slip as lunchbox lockers...

I installed one inside the carrier of my '98 about 6 years ago..., but only ran it for about 2 years before upgrading to the Detroit No Spin locker... During that time the No Slip worked very well....
A suggestion would be to use a quality synthetic 75W/90 gearlube for smoother operation.

The installation of the PowerTrax No Slip is fairly easy and can be performed with basic tools....
Just make sure to read the instruction thoroughly....

redXJlimited said:
Np, Ive done mine acouple of times, and its honestly more of a pain to uninstall then install, damn C clips... ;)

(btw this is Steamer98 from ORO)

a magnet works well for getting the c clips out.

So what fits the Dana 44 Trac-loc carrier??

I am seriously debating putting in a true locker, as my trac-loc has been giving me fits....(mainly chirping, sometimes it fails to do it's job, allowing a one-legged burnout...)

I will try a fluid change first, but if that doesn't cure it,I will do an upgrade when I have the money....

Back