• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What needs made?

Chris S

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine is a machinist/fabricator and can build damn near anything. He makes turbo mounts for VWs, disk brake brackets for hondas, wheel spacers for anything with tires, and assorted other bits and pieces.
I am having him make some parts that I will sell on the side for some extra cash while I'm doing the stay-at-home-dad thing, and I'm wondering what you guys need that is either hard to find or too fricking expensive.

That is sort of an odd request, with paying you to stay home, him to make it, the material cost, shipping from Canada, there would be no way you could make anything cheaper than a major manufacturer I would think. Good luck, sounds like you have good intentions at least:)

Skullvarian said:
That is sort of an odd request, with paying you to stay home, him to make it, the material cost, shipping from Canada, there would be no way you could make anything cheaper than a major manufacturer I would think. Good luck, sounds like you have good intentions at least:)

Which is why we are developing products that are not readily available. An example is XJ tow hook brackets that use a D-ring rather than a regular tow hook. No more fighting to get your strap back off those #$%^& tow hook clips or having the strap fall off because the hook is open.

Plus I'm not looking to make a full-time income, just enough money to afford to keep the Jeep.

it would be cool if someone made a reinforcement bar that allowed you to keep the stock bumper look, while giving it the strength of a offroad bumper... maybe had drings attached just below the bumper line, or a hitch...

just thinking out loud.

Maybe a center console made out of stainless sheet metal, with cup holders, and a place for a cb. Oh and the arm rest of course. I am going to build one myself. Maybe a custom dash as well, with a grab bar.

the detours one is cool I guess, but it doesn't really reinforce the outer bumper, it just gives it strcuture for winching and towing... guess I was suggesting something like this, but with a full width square tube that reinforced the bumper all the way.

I like the center console idea, the stock one leaves a lot to be desired.

also, what about steering wheels? I can imagine some really slick machined wheels... or is a billet steering wheel gonna be dangerous?

judging from how things are going with my new sway bar discos, I'm probably going to need either discos that fit right, or some method of dropping the lower mounting point...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94961

thinking about decorative parts, machined replacement handles for the interior, above the doors, would be cool. the plastic ones are nuthing special, and the plastic end caps on them are always broken.

And all of this is MOD Tech How? Soliciting inputs for a business startup? Seems a moderator would move this to the vendor forum...

An aftermarket Hi Lift jack base. Wider, longer and stronger than the wobbly thing they come with. Something taller that supports the bar and keeps it vertical to the base with or without a load on it but is still easily removable with a couple pins.

No. Ive got an Off Road base and its not at all what Im talking about. All the off road base does is spread the weight out so it doesnt sink. Im talking about a base that holds the bar vertical so it doesnt have a tendency to wobble or fall to side or front and back with the vehicle supported. A base with a larger footprint than the regular base (similar to the off road base) but that is braced and holds the bar tight enough that it becomes an integral part of the bar so the bar doesnt tend to tip over to the side with a load on it..

DaffyXJ said:
And all of this is MOD Tech How? Soliciting inputs for a business startup? Seems a moderator would move this to the vendor forum...

The vendor forum says it is for sales and discounts. I want input on things you guys need for your modifications, so I put it in the modified tech section. If the mods think it is the wrong spot they can certainly move it.
Once I have the products ready for market I'll become a sponsor and then list the products in the vendor section. For now I figured lots of Jeep owners would like the chance to give input on things they always wish were being made.

Back