• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 xj door wont close all the way

pimpgixxer04

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i have a 93 xj sport and as of this morning i went out to my jeep and i noticed a shit ton of water on the floor (i have vinyl flooring) and i thought oh well maybe it was a leak from the weather seal or something then i sit down and my seat is SOAKED so i go to close my door and i notice the sun is beaming me in my face, so i look up and notice i can see the sun though where my door and the frame of the car meet...im like what the hell...so i get out of my car and see if my door is shutting all the way and it seems to be but not completely...anyone else have this problem? howd you fix it if so? thanks in advance...

-Eric-

1. Check your latch on the body. It can be adjusted. You can unloose the striker and move it in or out a bit. 9/16 or 13mm IIRC.
2. It's also possible that the upper part of your door is bent. First line is to roll down the window and pull on the top part of the door, OR put a 4' length of 2x4 in the frame space and leverage it a tad. Don't wank on it, just firm steady pressure.

You don't want to bend the window frame to the point of not being able to roll up the window. Firm steady pressure

Before doing what Paradise XJ suggests, make sure the top hinge is lined up properly at the front. If the pin wears, it might pull outward, and your first job will be to move that point inward, either taking up the slack in the pin or getting a new pin. If the sheet metal is still lined up right between door and fender, then adjust as he suggested.

Like the others said, check the hinges and pins first. Then, how does the rest of the door align with the body? Is the gap around the upper window frame (you said you looked up)? You can actually bend it back a bit to get a better seal, assuming your seals are OK.

Back