• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you get the dash off....

shute420

NAXJA Forum User
Ive searched to see if there was a thread on this but came up empty.....

What is the easiest way to get the dash off??......actually not sure if its considered the "dash"...but Its the part on the driver side above the steering wheel and gauges where the windshield meets the dash .....among some other noises....Ive got a wicked annoying rattle thats coming from in/under there that I learned to live with for a while with but its absolutely annoying the sh?! out of me lately. I'm sure its just something loose under there and I have a feeling that if I can remove that part above the steering wheel and above the left vent, I'll find it.

Does it just pull off and snaps back in? Is there bolts?...any info would be helpful.....

thanks

Yes it pulls off with some screws. Start from the center pull off. And that will show you the remaining screws. You should be able to pull off the dash if not look for more screws.

what year are you working with? If it is 96 down, there are some phillips head screws along the windshield, and a 15mm bolt on each side of the vehicle under the kick panels. Also there are (2) 10mm bolts that the steering column bolts up with to the under side of the dash. If your removing the whole dash, you can take the lower cover off with a phillips head screw driver. Other then that it should come off with a little pulling and persuasion.

shute420 said:
wicked annoying

Haha, you must be from Mass.

Would this be where you need to go to replace the lightbulbs behind the gauges?

haha......how'd you guess.......yea i guess thas where you would go to replace the lightbulbs behind the gauges...

its a 2000

lmao @ knowing when you've had enough of one of its faults, esp noises. I've got to lube all the effin poly and shock mounts to stop all the speed bump squeeking that's only gonna annoy me more as the windows start to open. I can remember the first time I had it with the door open/key in ignition buzzer. On my 96, I have to take 3 torq screws out of the bottom of the steering wheel to remove the top cover, thus making it easy to remove the instrument bezel(you might break it otherwise, but it is possible).

Last edited:
Back