• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 10th, Expressway workparty

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
We have formally adopted our first trail.:woohoo:
We have the Expressway trail at Walker Valley ORV park (just outside of Mt. Vernon, WA).

Hans and I were up there last weekend and ran the trail and did some very preliminary observation. It seems that there is less of an issue with drainage as there was several weeks ago but still needs some work. Also there is quite a bit of garbage on the trail that needs to be cleaned up also.:sure:

My intent was to put a group together that was interested in having a day of fun running Expressway (and probably the rest of the trails) as well as cleaning up all of the trash and doing some minor drainage work on the trail, also we need to evaluate the trail and decide what if anything we think should be done in the future to the trail.

Saturday, May 10th.
9:00am at the main parking lot.

Please bring garbage bags and shovels!!
Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael

In.

in

Been meaning to get up there for a while I guess a work party is as good a time as any.

whats wrong with your rig now

Blkxjkrawler said:
I only have two hands Eli!
Oh well I'll hold the gun and chainsaw with my feet :D

Beer hat. Enough said. Ill see if I can find my old one. It also has a PA on the top, extra fun.

Or duct tape your gun to the chainsaw, get all Hollywood and make it work. :D

This one stayed on topic real long.

CanMan said:
Or duct tape your gun to the chainsaw, get all Hollywood and make it work. :D

This one stayed on topic real long.

I'm having visions of Bruce Campbell,
At least we have 30 days to take it back on topic, I'll make my contribution.

I'll throw in shovels and some various other hand tools, (pick. etc.) as well as bag of heavy duty hefty bags or something similar.

I'll bring my grill and fuel, and I might even clean it.

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'll be there. Can I play with a chainsaw?
-Ryan

Yes. I just removed the chain from my saw... It still makes rev rev sounds though.

Blkxjkrawler said:
I'll be there. Can I play with a chainsaw?
-Ryan

here ya go
lancer-chainsaw-gun.jpg

just add the beer and ur good ta go

It is possible that a chain saw or two could be useful.
I suspect we will be blocking 1 bypass while we are up there and it might be more helpful to have the saws.

Please let me know if you are going to be bringing a saw prior to the event.

Michael

There will be several of us RRR's down there on the 10th; and I'll have a saw as well...We're runnin with a few folks from C.O.R.E.; I'm sure we can devote some work time into the run...

Back