• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

caster adjustment

ebyrd10000

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if i could max out my caster adj to push the lower control arms forward now they are adjusted all the way back and I have no issues.I have 5.5" of lift

ebyrd10000 said:
I was wondering if i could max out my caster adj to push the lower control arms forward now they are adjusted all the way back and I have no issues.I have 5.5" of lift

Why not? Just to each the same amount.

A couple of things you want to keep in mind along the way.
The "Caster adjustment" on the LCA is not meant to adjust caster, it is there to adjust the angle between the front driveshaft and the front pinion, which ideally, should be zero.
To the factory, the pinion angle was most important and the caster was fixed where the knuckles were welded on..

Then you lifted it, which throws that out the window ;)
If you replaced the both the upper and lower Control Arms with longer ones, your caster should be near the edge of factory spec. If you only did the lowers, it will be outside that range, but more importantly, the pinion angle will be wrong.

You will have to decide what makes the sweetest tasting lemonaid for you, Pinion angle or Caster. A number of folks pick an area which makes each "close" and live with it.

Ron

Back