• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats advantage to Drop Bracket Kit?

TwistedXJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Hey yall. I got a question, it is kinda dumb but I can't find any info on it. What are the advantages of having the control arm drop bracket kit. I have adjustable tera control arms uppers and lowers and was wondering if that would be something worth buying? I know people are running them so please chime in, are you running stock control arms or aftermarket ones? Thank you all for helping me out.

as well as even out the uca's. So your axle doesn't have to travle down before it travels up. Especially when climbing something undercut.

KRAKER said:
as well as even out the uca's. So your axle doesn't have to travle down before it travels up. Especially when climbing something undercut.

you wanna explain that?

OK... when you uca's are at a downward angle and the axle is pressed up against a rock. as pressure builds and the vehicle moves forward. the axle will travel down cause thats the route it already traveling. until it starts to climb up the obstacle then it will flex upward. Once on top of the rock/log/etc... If the uca's are horizontal. when wedged up against (inserst here) the will travel up right off the bat. It's easier on your rigs body that way. Does that make any sense. I'm the visual type.

ah I gotcha...

I'm the visual type who can often visualize how it works in his head type....

How much lift do you have? If you have anything over 4.5 I would definitely suggest it, its so much better after putting them on. I only wish I did it earlier.

drop brackets also allow more down travel.

some people will say they can be rock anchors, but when running a 33"-35" tire youll very rarely hit them.

I also have the Tera arms. Having spent that kind of money for 'em, I had a hard time convincing the wife to let me spend even more on long arms. So I found a used set of RE drop brackets and braces for around $200. The ride is so much better! I'm still going to replace them in the next year or two when the joints wear out. Then I'll go with the TnT Longarm Upgrade with the super HD bellypan, with stiffeners of course!

Back