• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring for roof center console

mk153smaw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I put in a center console from a 94ish XJ in my 88 limited. Ok my 88 used to have a electric compass in the cieling and the new console has a digital one also. I have the wiring harnesses for both but the new one has some extra wires.
Does anyone have an image of the wiring diagrams? my haynes manual does not have a decent write up on the wiring for specific options. The newer harness has a blue/with pink stripe, white/with black stripe, 2 orange/with black stripe, and a pink/with blue stripe and a ground. I figured the orange wires are acc power lines, black is ofcourse a ground, but what are the others?
The 88 factory harness has a drk purple/with pink stripe, black ground, pink, and a black with white stripe. I know the pink and black with stripe is for the interior lights, and I think the pruple went to the old compass system.

David - If your new console has a dome light and reading lights, I think the two OR/BK wires go to them. The BK is main ground. The WT/BK should feed the right courtesy light. Confirm this with a meter. With the reading light switch ON and GOOD BULBS there should be continuinty between one OR/BK and BK and the other OR/BK and WT/BK. The other two are power and ground for the compass, not sure which is which. These are not facts, just what I determined from the diagrams I have. Call if you have a question.

That is perfect........ and by the way it explained a small part that was on the front clip behind the headlights! it is my temperature sensor! haha yay

Back