• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCM Wiring Modification

Bearsquito

NAXJA Forum User
I was cleaning up the engine compartment of my 2000 XJ (4.0L Auto) and noticed the previous owner had done some modifications to the middle wiring harness connected to the PCM. It appears they had spliced a wire into the Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal wire (white with orange stripe). Any ideas why someone would do that?

I am working on a cleaning up the electrical connections and replacing damaged loom and vacuum lines and this dangling wire just seems like a potential problem to me.

EGIt56Q.jpg

X39vbp0.jpg

Speed Control?

My first thought was aftermarket cruise control due to the specific wire that was spliced, but the cruise control systems use vacuum lines and an existing wiring connector over on the passenger side.

My first thought was aftermarket cruise control due to the specific wire that was spliced, but the cruise control systems use vacuum lines and an existing wiring connector over on the passenger side.

Aftermarket cruise was my first guess, if it was some universal system it would explain the tap. Also maybe a fancy alarm or tracking system.

Back