• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Fenders

silverxj01

NAXJA Forum User
When I bought my XJ, it had bushwackers on it. ive found a way to get them off and get a clean look, by putting stock flares on it. however i dont have the mounting brackets, and i cannot find them anywhere, and the dealer wants 200$ for just the brackets.... does anybody know where i can get them cheaper, or does anybody have any that they pulled off?

I don't have any but with how normal it is to take the stock flares off, I'm sure that somebody would be willing to part ways with the brackets. Try posting in the National WTB forum all the way at the bottom and the classified section in your chapter.

Chris

I have a set of the rear fender flare mounts for a 97-up XJ. The front ones I have are bent a little, but might be able to be straightened/used. PM me for details.

i currently have the same problem... in my opinion those brackets are a royal PITA...whatever bolts DIDNT break off (after cutting away the wheel liner just to get to the nut) i had to grind off lol...awkward placement, bad rust issues, etc etc...and all the junkyard ones ive seen are in the same condition. not really worth the effort just to have more problems with them in my mind. im working on a bracket that i can attach to the fenders so i can clamp them down without issues and can take them on and off in a couple mins...

i dont like the look, they loom over my tires. and they left a huge mess when i pulled them off. but theres a great article on how to fit stock flares on cut sheetmetal, so im going to do that.

it had so many pictures, they pulled them out, but if you gimme your email address, i have a PDF copy on my comp, if you want ill email them too ya!

i took my flares off due to my tire hitting one and popping it off the bracket. so i ended up drilling out the old bolts and putting longer ones with fender washers in with it.

thats what ive heard, alot! so im gunna try to use the trimmed up fenders to mount the stock flares back on it. theres an awesome article where he does this, and it turns out looking great (and hes able to cram 35s up in his fenders). however, theres gunna be some hole-patching to be done on the back end!

they are the cut out-style, in good shape (few scratches, one of the bolts pulled through, normal wear) . i have a bunch of people interested already.. but i'll let you know if it doesnt work out with any of them first...

Last edited:
silverxj01 said:
i dont like the look, they loom over my tires. and they left a huge mess when i pulled them off. but theres a great article on how to fit stock flares on cut sheetmetal, so im going to do that.

Can you post this up, and possibly some pictures because im in the same situation right now.

Back