• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
lift

hello there! i finally decided to lift my jeep and after some thinking i decided to go with a 2.5" OME lift. The guy that im going to buy it from says that it will clear 31s and he did it on a few xjs with no problem, but from the hundreds of threads that ive read here its almost impossible for them not to rub without any minor trimming..question : does a 3" OME lift kit exist? he said that a 3" OME doesnt exist..

and get ready to hear the price... for a 2.5" OME, 4 mickey thompsons classic IIs and 4 BFG A/T 31" we get a total of around $3000 ! isnt that wayyyyy too much? if i order online the shipping will be even more..
anyone have any ideas of a cheaper way?

thanks
nick

Re: lift

Before you do anything...contact one of our sponsors, DPG.

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/

I have a medium load OME kit and 235's with no rub, I am unsure if that's 2.5" or 3"

Before:
DSCN1314-1.jpg

After:
DSCN3797-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: lift

well, given that you're in Cyprus....I would imagine that shipping there would be outrageous....but anyway...

If you look at OME's products, they go by load rating. The OME934 coils are meant for a ZJ, but if you put then on an XJ, you get about 3" of lift and a bit firmer spring rate - 180lbs IIRC....the 2" ones are about 160lbs IIRC.

for the rear, I believe they have a few leaf pack options. You can get 2" or 3" I believe - you can then add an OME JCXL (add a leaf) to compliment the pack and get you that extra .75-1" lift.

yes, $3000 is way too much. As was stated before, check with DPGoffroad.com

Back