• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death wobble and tire question

trailcertifiedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I went to my local tire place today to get some TSL super swampers I bought for real cheap put on. I am running 31/10.5/15s right now and the new ones are 32/10.5/15. They told me that they would not fit under my Xj with the 3" lift I had. I asked them what they suggested as far as lift goes to clear them and they told me anything over my lift and the jeep turns into a death mobile (wheel shakes violently over 35mph supposedly). I was just wondering what you guys think about the subject? Thanks for your help.

They are stupid.

They will fit with moderate trimming, and you can lift it higher than that and as long as it's done properly you will be fine.

ok?

Look at the Interco website and get the exact tire height and compare that to what you have now and you should be able to figure it out. For one inch different it is only a 1/2 difference to the wheel well (half inch down/ half inch up). I am running 30's with no lift or modification and it is fine although they are only 9.5 wide. Check the tire specs and do some measuring with what you have now and you should be able to make a educated guess as to what you can do.

trailcertifiedXJ said:
I went to my local tire place today to get some TSL super swampers I bought for real cheap put on. I am running 31/10.5/15s right now and the new ones are 32/10.5/15. They told me that they would not fit under my Xj with the 3" lift I had. I asked them what they suggested as far as lift goes to clear them and they told me anything over my lift and the jeep turns into a death mobile (wheel shakes violently over 35mph supposedly). I was just wondering what you guys think about the subject? Thanks for your help.

Don't be asking a tire shop about lifts cuz normally they don't know squat. Death wobble is not caused by how much lift you have.

joeyschribar said:
someone fit 35's on 2 inch BB with hacked up fenders
STOCK gears also haha
HAHAHAHAHA LOL
:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh:

Thats hilarious!

Back