• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys HD Tie Rod

MYXJ22

NAXJA Forum User
tr125_01.jpg
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...=rustys&Product_Code=TR-125&Category_Code=ste

Any thoughts on this thing. My driver-side tie rod end has a hole in the grease sleeve and is leaking a lot. I went to Checker and they want $30 for a new tie rod end. Rustys has a HD tie rod and includes two new tie rod ends for $99. Sounds like a good deal considering I still have the stock tie rod and its a little bent from my last trip out. Any thoughts? He also has a drag-link tie rod upgrade that gives you a tie rod (that goes to both wheels and the new drag link attaches to the tie rod for $260, is it worth it?
sc-250_01.jpg

i had that, it is WELL worth the money he's get for it, if your just doing the tierod, i think thats the best setup for the money.

I ran that setup for about a year and ditched it because it makes the steering way slopy. I swapped it for the HD currie setup which I liked a lot better. But now I run a custom crossover setup which I like even better.

BTW if you do order from rusty don't expect it for about 3-4 weeks. Thats how long it took me to get it.

your right, i went to the currie setup as well, that is by far a better setup, but if he just wants to replace the tierod, thats the way to go, oh yeah, mine only took 3 or 4 days to come.

Thanks guys, I like the rustys and for $99 I dont think I can beat it. I dont know if I want to spend the money on a whole steering upgrade yet like a hi-steer. I like the JCR but for $60 more is it worth it? I appreciate the input. Lonestar, did you run the Rustys $260 set up and hate it?

I run the Rustys tie rod on my XJ and I beat the dog snot out of it and it just laughs at me... also the tie rod are not original xj and tj tie rod ends he up grades them cj ends, but dont worry you do not have to modify nothing on your rig.....

I ran the $250 setup that replaces everything. I don't see the reason to change just the tie rod on the original setup, because you still leave the drag link which has its problems too. Although if your stock tie rod is messed up it might be worth it until you can upgrade the entire setup.

Last edited:
I'd go ahead and get them......pretty nice quality and Rusty's stand behind there product. I have a whole rig built with there stuff and they take care of my pretty well.

I currently have the Knuckle over steering with the Heim Joints and it takes some abuse and then some........said if I wasn't pleased with how it performed to take it off and send it back and he'd refund my money!

~Nick

Gotlift01 said:
I'd go ahead and get them......pretty nice quality and Rusty's stand behind there product. I have a whole rig built with there stuff and they take care of my pretty well.

I currently have the Knuckle over steering with the Heim Joints and it takes some abuse and then some........said if I wasn't pleased with how it performed to take it off and send it back and he'd refund my money!

~Nick

Wow, refund your money huh? Now thats an awesome deal. Thanks for the input I think I'll give it a try.
~Justin

Back