• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1-ton steering?

SwampDonkeyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I saw the thread about the Rugged Ridge steering and it sound like a big failure, unless you fab up some spacers. I like the idea of saving money but if it's such a hastle then it's probably not worth it. Has anyone tried the
XJ Heavy-Duty 1-Ton Cross Over Steering Kit??
I have a 6" lift and am still using the garbage stock steering system and I'm all over the road. I'm hoping to find a steering upgrade that isn't going to break the bank. Thanks guys.

Personally I would not buy any thing from that guy....he jacks up most prices from the orginal manufacture and claims they are his own design or product when they are not

SwampDonkeyXJ said:
So I saw the thread about the Rugged Ridge steering and it sound like a big failure, unless you fab up some spacers. I like the idea of saving money but if it's such a hastle then it's probably not worth it. Has anyone tried the
I have a 6" lift and am still using the garbage stock steering system and I'm all over the road. I'm hoping to find a steering upgrade that isn't going to break the bank. Thanks guys.
That is the RR set-up!Unless your looking further down the page!

SwampDonkeyXJ said:

Well I don’t agree with it being a big failure. As I run it at over 6" with a $4.00 spacer and it works perfect. If you think fabing a spacer is a hassle then you won’t want to try any other system at your lift as they are all more work and money than fabing a spacer :) the brand of system wont change your steering angles.
The link you have is the RR system just from another vendor. “ie same thing”
As for the JCR off-road system it’s basically the same design and they also sell a spacer to stop tre roll. So if you don’t want to use a spacer you will have to go over knuckle.
There is to my knowledge no other steering system for under $170.00 that will perform the same or better than the RR system. Like all parts they have there limitations.
So you can use a spacer or spend 300.00 + and a fair amount of fab time to install a over knuckle system.And that’s ultimately the best route

Last edited:
93XJLI said:
Lead Not Swallow.
someone should go register on his site under that name :)

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM.

Go over to JF and search for threads under his name.

as a side note i just ordered my currie setup, a lot of good things i have heard about it. This weekend it will be in.

-Kyle

RCP Phx said:
That is the RR set-up!Unless your looking further down the page!
Oh crap, don't I feel dumb.:doh: Thank you for pointing that out. Well I wouldn't mind checking out the RR steering system, the thread just seem kind of inconclusive. I saw that at the end of the thread someone was making spacers for the kit. I will go back to that thread and PM him about buying a pair of them from him. Thanks for your input guys.

Lead Not Swallow is a piece of shit.

he's even selling the Thor4x4 rear quarter guards as his own...I wonder where he got them...???? I didnt think they were selling them anymore...[/quote]

I just got a pair. It took a few weeks and I had to go in on a group buy. Well worth the while:sunshine:

Well I just received my JKS adjustable trac bar, RC drop brackets and poly spacer about an hour ago from Motion. I shopped the internet and he had the best price on the trac bar and was $10 more on the drop brackets. I wanted to order everything from one supplier so I ordered from Motion. There was a problem with shipping but received it in 7 days and shipping was $49. If I had read this thread I would have ordered from somewhere else. He definitly is someone that I don't want to do business with. I will be sure to check my credit card statement. Shipment came in 3 boxes. JKS from JKS, RC from RC, and the poly spacer came from his store.

Back