• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper mounting (any differences between Pre 97 and the 97+'s?)

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
I just had a quick question about mounting brackets for winch bumpers. Is there any difference between the pre 97's and the 97+'s for mounting brackets? I thought they were all the same and that I could use the same brackets on the older XJ's and the newer ones but someone tried to tell me I was wrong and that there are differences...

(I got the file for the brackets from this site somewhere, but I can't find the thread where it's posted for reference)

Am I out to lunch or does the other guy not know what he's talking about?

If it helps, I have a bumber designed for a pre '97 on my 2000 and it bolted right up. Had to trim the splash shields so it didn't look stupid though.

The frame holes to use for heavy duty bumper brackets (like jcroffroad.com) are the same for all years. All aftermarket bumpers fit any 1984 - 2001. The factory brackets that mount the factory bumpers are different and changed with the new body style.

unibodybrackets.jpg

dsc00127.jpg

JeepZZ took this picture.

Last edited:
Back