• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OX Locker cable and shifter installation question

98XJROKS

NAXJA Forum User
I have the older style shifter and have a question that I hope someone can answer. When I install the cable adjuster into the cover, do I need to insert the spring that I have somewhere between the cable and the cover?

Or

Does the spring go in between the old styler shifter and cable?

I have a feeling that I installed the spring in the wrong place thinking that I needed to follow the installation on OX-USA web site. I've now realized these instructions were for the new style shifter. I read somewhere that the spring that I have goes somewhere in the cover?
Additionally, I've also read that a medium lock-tite should be used on the cable at the cover side?

BTW, It's already installed, shifting, and engaging fine, but if my suspicions are correct it probably has no functionality the way it is now.

Last edited:
NM- answered my own question, and flipped the spring. Works as it should now :geek: .

Back