• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D rings on Factory bumper

would that be strong enough??? doesn't seem like it.

for D rings and a tow point - yes - and it extends across the factory crossmemebr to the other side so it is tied in with 6 plus bolts...their winch bumper system extends farther back and grabs more bolts and is connected on both sides of the frame with the winch mount

i have never heard of anyone having any problems with these units

ah, now I can relax... I have heard of those before, now that i think about it, but the "mounts to the factory bumper" thing kinda threw me.

Last edited:
I made some brackets for a D-ring clevis that fit the factory tow hook brackets. I think Rusty's has something similar.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Tim_MN said:
I made some brackets for a D-ring clevis that fit the factory tow hook brackets. I think Rusty's has something similar.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

That's a pretty cool idea... I'd be a little worried on hard pulls though... same deal with tow hooks though. Which, is why I try to take it easy on my hooks.

tayman said:
That's a pretty cool idea... I'd be a little worried on hard pulls though... same deal with tow hooks though. Which, is why I try to take it easy on my hooks.

very nicely done. just hangs too low, most XJ's around these parts have removed the valance totally because its been basically ripped off anyway LOL

haha, like mine! gone pretty quick after the lift!

Back