• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Skidplate install

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a used Warn Tcase skid, looks brand new. My problem is I didnt get any hardware, can anybody with one of these help me out, wondering what size and type bolts.

Use something like a 1.5" length, 3/8" width self-tapping bolt. It's pretty simple to do. Use a floor jack to hold in up in place for you while you drill your pilot holes.

From the warn instructions drill 11\32 holes for self tapping bolts 3\8x1inch install those bolts drill 3\8 hole through center hole install 3\8x3 carriage bolt.

jeep ride said:
From the warn instructions drill 11\32 holes for self tapping bolts 3\8x1inch install those bolts drill 3\8 hole through center hole install 3\8x3 carriage bolt.

You can't run a carriage bolt through the frame rail because of the fuel and brake lines that run on the inside of the rail.

Oh gotcha...

Mine didn't come with a carriage bolt, it came with 6 self-tappers. I used them and haven't had any problems out it since install.

Thanks guys thats what I needed.

Back