• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lizard Cherokee 2.5" Leaf Pack kit

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one tried this lift kit yet? It's not the DYI instructions, but a kit they are selling now for $400. Good price, if it's a good lift.

Any opinions??

Decient. I did a leaf pack similar to thiers, here http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm, and got about 2.5-3" or so. I added a stock XJ main and second leaf to the stock pack already on there. You can get some GC V8 springs and a coil spacer for the front, for a cheap 3" lift. Thier are alot of options out there, you may be able to find a easier or cheaper way to do it.

That seems like a lot of money for only 2.5". There's MANY different variations you could go with for far cheaper. Hell, I got my Rough Country 4.5" lift for $450 NIB. Had I known better, I could have done 4.5" for only $250. Lots of different options boss. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'm trying to find out the quality of their components, how the ride is, and what lift you end up with their lift kit right now. Then I can decide what I want to use. I had almost decided on the OME 3" lift, but if I can save $400+ dollars I'd be all over that. Course, I'd still hafta buy new shocks, so the savings wouldn't be so much.

Whay can't I find any discussions of OME lifts on here? I've tried Google and the regular search, but I don't get anything.. I know they're out there!

Fish'nCarz said:
Whay can't I find any discussions of OME lifts on here? I've tried Google and the regular search, but I don't get anything.. I know they're out there!

Because the search is a total piece of crap and doesn't do three-character words. It's also why you can't find anything about the infamous "CPS", or find out why your "A/C" isn't working, or who's running "ARB" ...

It won't even let you search a 9 character phrase made of 3 character words "old man emu" in quotes.

Since most people get their OME from Dirk or Jason, you might try searching for "dirk", "jason", "jeepin". "dpgoffroad" (but not, of course, dpg) and then manually weeding out the results.

You might also try jeepsunlimited.com

lilredwagn said:
Because the search is a total piece of crap and doesn't do three-character words. It's also why you can't find anything about the infamous "CPS", or find out why your "A/C" isn't working, or who's running "ARB" ...

It won't even let you search a 9 character phrase made of 3 character words "old man emu" in quotes.

Since most people get their OME from Dirk or Jason, you might try searching for "dirk", "jason", "jeepin". "dpgoffroad" (but not, of course, dpg) and then manually weeding out the results.

Thanks! I'll try that.

lilredwagn said:

put an * after the third letter and youc an search smaller words.

and about the lift anything from rocklizard fab will be good quality.. he doesnt skimp on his work and he knows his stuff drop him and email and he will get back to you and answer your questions

Back