• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going Higher.need suggestions...

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
I said to myself that I wouldn't go any higher and then I put my 33x12.5's on and saw that one major bump or pothole and i was looking at some serious body work! (Or much, much worse!) So I put them aside for now

I have a mixed lift Rough Country and Skyjacker with AAL 2 inch shackles and Spring Spacers. Long Stainless brake lines.. A combines lify between 5-5 1/2 inches. (closer to 5 now)

I have 32's on stock jeep rims..fenders are trimmed.. Even with the trimming i had to add 1 inch spacer up front and 2 inches in the back (to compensate for the 8.8 rear) I should be able to eliminate the front spacers (at least) with my new 15x8 (3.75 backspace wheels) and back the spacers down to 1 inch in the back.

I looked at a lot of threads and a great sticky or should be a stickey by someone who did a great s10 spring thing in his driveway I was going to build a bastard spring pack from 96 dakota 4x4, but i hear good and bad things about junkyard springs..mostly good. But my springs are tired and I don't want to put used on used. I want to go new, my preference.

So I figure 5.5 inch Springs and coils from someone..new shocks and bump stops. But from who or where. What else do I have to do besides springs and coils?

I knew once I started building that "super cipey d30" on my bench I'd wanna rip my whole rig apart. I lied to myself for about a week saying I would do it. But I can't help myself!

So what do ya think?

Cipey

I'd look at the 5" trailgunner springs from www.dpgoffroad.com

or if you have money, look into Deaver. I believe their front coils are 5 or 5.5" and they can build you a nice progressive leaf pack to any specs you want.

when you say you have a 2" spacer in the back, are you referring to wheel spacer, or a 2" block? same for the front - poly coil spring spacer, or 1" wheel spacer?

what kind of control arms do you have???

JNickel101 said:
I'd look at the 5" trailgunner springs from www.dpgoffroad.com

or if you have money, look into Deaver. I believe their front coils are 5 or 5.5" and they can build you a nice progressive leaf pack to any specs you want.

when you say you have a 2" spacer in the back, are you referring to wheel spacer, or a 2" block? same for the front - poly coil spring spacer, or 1" wheel spacer?

what kind of control arms do you have???

no blocks..wheel spacers--i have a 1 and 3/4 shackle on my leafs.

so you say 5 inch from dpg? i'll check out thier site right now.

Thanks

Cipey

ps.....anyone else?

I almost went with the DPG trailgunners and T&T Y-link but ended up just getting the 4" hybrid. Figured it'd be easier and quicker, but I'm kinda wanting to do the Y-link still. Maybe down the road.
Dirk's a good guy to deal with. Every time I've called the shop, I get Dirk. He apparently owns the company, runs the cash register in the shop, answers phones and makes the orders. Busy busy guy...but still willing to talk to you on the phone and answer questions, give advice etc. If you have time during the day, I'd recommend calling him instead of just ordering off the webste.

i want to basicly go 5 to 5.5 inches...not 4..thats where I am now..without spacers and shackels i am at around 4 inches of lift.

I have adjustable control arms upper and lower...manufact. says they are good to 8 iches of lift. 5-6 will be fine. everything up front is adjustable to at least a 6inch lift. Thats why i want to keep the springs at 5-5 1/2. I don't want to go to the limit on those items.

Cipey

Back