• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Superwinch LP8500..anyone have one yet?

Hawg130

NAXJA Forum User
Rusty's has these for $399.00. Pretty decent price for an 8500# winch. Do any of you guys have one of these yet?

Hawg130

I guess it depends but yea Rustys rapes on shipping. I'm thinking about picking one up only 399!? I just need to buy one of the weld up kits and make a bumper. :p

got mine! its attached to the backbone
$399 in my lap

Got mine too, and I'm putting it on this next week.

XJwinchbumper1.jpg

Brink is the dude from Edmonton Jeep Association responsible for it. Can't wait!

Philly :canada:

Here we go. Got it done yesterday. Just got to bed line the sucker and we're done.

winchbumperXJ006.jpg

Had to fab up tabs for the farelead. Looks good eh?

oh and the steering box bracing shot.

winchbumperXJ007.jpg

See ya in the mud.

Any more thoughts out there on this winch? I'm looking at getting one mounted up to the rigidco bumper I just ordered...

I'm looking for cheap, reliable, prefferibly a hawse fairlead, and a decent warranty.

~Scott

That is a good looking bumper, I couldn't afford losing the approach angle though, My canadian tire superwinch it still going strong, beats the hell outta the champion pos I had on it.

So no word on the winch really?
Anyone have comparison thought on it and the Warn m8000?

~Scott

Got mine too, and I'm putting it on this next week.

XJwinchbumper1.jpg

Brink is the dude from Edmonton Jeep Association responsible for it. Can't wait!

Here we go. Got it done yesterday. Just got to bed line the sucker and we're done.

winchbumperXJ006.jpg

WTF dude?
Those are two different bumpers.:dunno:

I will be at Rustys in person this weekend if anyone wants me to pick anything up.

Play with the LP8500, and give me your impressions.

:scottm:

~Scott

I just got a Smittybilt XRC8 8000# from 4wheel drive hardware. $350. An extra $40 will get you a lifetime warranty even covering the cable! Where can you go wrong?

Back