• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering brace?

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
what is the best set up? i've seen the braces and the plates that attach to the unibody. i will be building a custom bumper using jcroffroad unibody brackets if that matters. i want the stongest possible!

thanks

Personally im running a coppy of a Rocky Mountain gear box brace, 3/16th plated frame, and 1/2 of the T&T Steering Box Brace Kit.

I would deffentally go with some kind of frame sandwich plates, to me 3 bolts into sheet metal isnt what I want holding my gear box on. If you do choose to go this route get the plates before you make the bumper mounts. Because youll want to make the bumper mounts strech along the frame, and the extra 3/16th plate will be right in your way. Its a lot ez'er to make the bumper mounts around the sandwich plates. Just a tip from someone whos had to bend his bumper mounts 2 times now because of it.

I did this
000_0185.jpg

And made an inner plate out of 5/16" Got rid of a lot of flex.

BakersfieldXJ said:
Personally im running a coppy of a Rocky Mountain gear box brace, 3/16th plated frame, and 1/2 of the T&T Steering Box Brace Kit.

I would deffentally go with some kind of frame sandwich plates, to me 3 bolts into sheet metal isnt what I want holding my gear box on. If you do choose to go this route get the plates before you make the bumper mounts. Because youll want to make the bumper mounts strech along the frame, and the extra 3/16th plate will be right in your way. Its a lot ez'er to make the bumper mounts around the sandwich plates. Just a tip from someone whos had to bend his bumper mounts 2 times now because of it.

so the jcr plates won't work? or will they have to be modified to fit along side the steering brackets?

Plates are the best way. C-Rox make them or if you have the tools there are pdf's so you can make a template.

TNT said:
Plates are the best way. C-Rox make them or if you have the tools there are pdf's so you can make a template.

Where can you find these PDFs. I got the tools, I just need to make a template. A PDF would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Ricky

Ricky said:
Where can you find these PDFs. I got the tools, I just need to make a template. A PDF would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Ricky

I'm having trouble with my search button tonight but the PDF is floating around here somewhere. IMO, it's easier to get in touch with Ukraine Train and have him send you some bumper brackets. He give me a great deal! They were well worth not having to make them!

lowrange2 said:
I'm having trouble with my search button tonight but the PDF is floating around here somewhere. IMO, it's easier to get in touch with Ukraine Train and have him send you some bumper brackets. He give me a great deal! They were well worth not having to make them!

OK, Thanks a ton for going through the trouble to find the PDF for me. Just wondering who/ what Ukrain Train is and what IMO means. I know,I'm a noob, can't help it :)

thebluebuffalo said:
what is the best set up? i've seen the braces and the plates that attach to the unibody. i will be building a custom bumper using jcroffroad unibody brackets if that matters. i want the stongest possible!

thanks
If your building your own bumper then just make your own mounts.If your going to do shackle mounts they will need to be much longer.The ones I just made are 20" long.

Back