• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad ujoints?

MasterShakeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i saw this earlier today. is this bad? maybe time to replace the ujoints?

100_0303.jpg

100_0304.jpg

It looks to me like that is grease that spewed out of the driveshaft. Was the driveshaft recently greased? There is a hole in the front of the driveshaft that the grease can squirt out of when it is greased. If you bottomed out the suspension recently it may have pushed some grease out.

have u recently greased your front slipyoke? my guess is the excess greas is coming out. happens on mine. check the joint make sure the seals are all good, while youre there look up inside the yoke if you can. maybe take it off to get a better look. there isnt a seal in there, when i do mine i keep pumping grease in untill all the old grease is out. when your slip yoke travels in and out, some of that gears is forced out.

MasterShakeXJ said:
no it wasnt recently greased. it was removed when the SYE was installed last weekend.
You had to compress the shaft to remove the end from the yoke. That pushed some grease out and you probably didn't notice it. When the shaft spun it flung the grease out all over the place.

jeeperjohn said:
You had to compress the shaft to remove the end from the yoke. That pushed some grease out and you probably didn't notice it. When the shaft spun it flung the grease out all over the place.

BINGO!!!!

Blaine B. said:
Is it just me or does the ujoint cap look like it isn't fully seated?
I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. I thought that whole thing had shifted, but if you look closer, you can see the cap does go to the end little nub on the pinion, and that it is fully seated.

Back