• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another sye ?

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
lookin at a hack-n-tap but want to use a front shaft, what is the piece that is supposed to be attached to the u-joints? ( dont know the name) were could i get one? i'm either going to use the hack-n-tap or got a A.A. one from rustys for $200

userbmx1315 said:
lookin at a hack-n-tap but want to use a front shaft, what is the piece that is supposed to be attached to the u-joints? ( dont know the name) were could i get one? i'm either going to use the hack-n-tap or got a A.A. one from rustys for $200

spicer part # 211229X

will that part be used with the RE hack n tap? or will it look like the one that go jeep has?

I am going to do a SYE on my 98XJ. I have seen this link in a few posts. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSYEconversion.htm I am looking at his final connection on the TC. It has no flat plate to flat plate connection. What yoke is that that would just fit on the TC? With that, Who would need a real H&T kit? Couldn't I just use that and H&T it to the TC?
I have a 242 or else I'd just buy the HD one.
Thanks

userbmx1315 said:
will that part be used with the RE hack n tap? or will it look like the one that go jeep has?

yes... do the h&t.. then install said spicer flange

what about just useing a piece like this one? instead of buying a whole kit? sorry for all the questions just trying to go cheaper but still be strong
SYE11.jpg

Thats pretty much what the spicer flange is... It allows you to bolt a front DS onto it.

I went with the JB conversions SYE. It was 216.00 shipped to my door and I have 2 driveshafts from the pick and pull for 30.00. I hope you are not spending around 200 on a hack-n-tap when you can do it right for not much more

but that and this wont bolt together, what if i just got the piece above and cut my shaft and tap it with my own bolts and tap? would it still be the same? instead of using the kit and a flange.?.

if you use the spicer flange... you won't need the above peice.. It'll be an extra part to throw in your box.

ohh ok, so the piece that "garr" gave me the number to i can get at napa and just do it myself? sounds easy enough,

Yes, that way the stock DS will bolt right on

No... Cardian (sp) ball part won't allow it... look at the front DS.. the yoke completes the full circle around the u-joint... Taking out the cardian ball setup will make it worthless to do and SYE.. and give you mad vibes

no,well maybe, you'd have to install it on the jeep then press the ujoint together on vehicle, it would be a pita, and hope it never breaks!in other words no

jbsye55.jpg

See how that needs to be up againt the flange and bolt on.

Oh...That's right. the stock yoke doesn't have the little baby ubolt things on it does it? You have to press in the ujoints. A PITA on a regular driveshaft.

Yep yep, now quit tryin to shortcut more than you are already, lol.

Back