• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK D30. How much is the same?

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at buying a rolled diesel JK as soon as one comes up to strip for my Willys pickup but need the shorter axle width up front the same as a XJ/TJ. The JK WMS to WMS is 65.9" and the XJ is 60". Anyone know if the axle spine count is the same still on the JK? Hoping to use a XJ D30 ( pickup is just a daily driver ) with the knuckles, brakes, steering, and hubs from the JK on the XJ housing. If the centres would swap I would do that also.

I believe the inners are still 27 but the outers are 32 spline. The tube diam. is 2.5" ( with thicker wall, so ive heard) so that should match the xj d30 so you could swap the center sections and shorten the long side while your at it to get your desired length. Then just re spline the long side shaft.

Last edited:
What track width are you hoping to run with relation to your tires? If you are going to be running 33x12.50 tires you could choose a 5 on 5" wheel with an offset that will set the tires further inboard. The wheels will look like front wheel drive rims, but you may even end up with the king pin angle right in the middle of the tire contact patch for optimal steering load. You have roughly 3" of backspacing to add each side to get back to something like an 'XJ' track width. If you only add an extra 2" or 1.75" will it be that much of a problem? It could save you a lot of work and keep the truck on standard JK parts.

Vince said:
What track width are you hoping to run with relation to your tires? If you are going to be running 33x12.50 tires you could choose a 5 on 5" wheel with an offset that will set the tires further inboard. The wheels will look like front wheel drive rims, but you may even end up with the king pin angle right in the middle of the tire contact patch for optimal steering load. You have roughly 3" of backspacing to add each side to get back to something like an 'XJ' track width. If you only add an extra 2" or 1.75" will it be that much of a problem? It could save you a lot of work and keep the truck on standard JK parts.

Thought about using more backspacing but it is already 6.5" too wide using 6.25" of BS which is the stock JK or WJ wheel BS. They are no rims that would be more plus the centre would start sticking out past the outer rim.

j33pownr said:
I believe the inners are still 27 but the outers are 32 spline. The tube diam. is 2.5" ( with thicker wall, so ive heard) so that should match the xj d30 so you could swap the center sections and shorten the long side while your at it to get your desired length. Then just re spline the long side shaft.

I thought that was for the Rubicon D44 JK front having the different spline inner to outer?

Back