• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap lift ?

78/xj88

NAXJA Forum User
whats a good way to lift on a budget and what all do i need 4 31 or 33inch tires
88 XJ
Stock
Will get new tires depended upon lift

budget boost and AAL would be cheap. Or you could buy a used one for a good price.....for example 3.5" skyjacker coils, LCA's, and RS 9000's ill sell ya for $200. will easily fit 31's
:cheers:

Search "Bastard Pack" for the rear.. and f-150 coils for the front..

If youre talking budget lift, its probably more geard towards 31's. If I were you, I would get a set of 93-98 Grand Cherokee V8 Front Coil Springs (which give na inch of lift) and use 2" coil spring spacers. That will give you 3" up front and you can use Chevy S10 rear leaf springs combined with your stock leaf pack to give the rear about 3" of lift too. Of course you'll need to buy new lift shocks, but that's about as basic as it gets. There's alot of write ups about bastard packs. Search for Rock Lizard fabrications on google. Also, depending on how many vibrations you get/can take you will probably want to do a transfer case drop. Theres some write ups about home made TC drops as well. Keep in mind, what I described is pretty mcuh for 31's. Hope That Helps. :D

thats really great info i was searching and read a lot about back spacing can u help me understand.

78/xj88 said:
thats really great info i was searching and read a lot about back spacing can u help me understand.
Im actually trying to find out more about it myself. I think the basic idea is: how far the wheel sticks out of the fender. Guys like a wheel with more backspacing if they run wider tires so they dont rub at full turn on the lca's. Im sure somebody else will chime in here with more info.

what year on those springs and coils and if i do that what size shock
thanks for the help

78/xj88 said:
what year on those springs and coils and if i do that what size shock
thanks for the help
For the Grand Cherokee front springs its 93-98 but make sure its a V8. And for the S10 leaves I believe its any of the S10 truck leaf springs. as for shocks, you just need ot buy them for a 3-4" lift. Ive heard great things about Bilstein shocks as far as ride quality and everything goes.

Back