• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Bracket

jlmxj49

NAXJA Forum User
Would it be a good idea to use a track bar relocation bracket on a 2" lift? How much does 2" push the front axle to one side? Can I get by without a front end alignment since I'm lifting no more than 2"? With a solid axle like on an XJ you really don't have anything but toe in adjustment do you?

You also have castor to adjust on an XJ, the relationship between upper and lower control arm mounts. I have heard that at 3" a 1/8 shim behind the LCA will do it... I'm running ~2" without having done the castor... Not perfect but good enough.
I also haven't found a track-bar to run on a 2" lift and haven't noticed any ill effects. I think it is roughly 1/8" offset per inch of lift.
Toe is the one to watch for as you can ruin your tires without proper toe adjustment.

What he said.
Adjust your toe.
Castor is a good idea, but not totally necessary.

The reason I asked about the track bar is that I read on another forum where someone had installed a 2" BB and said there axle was moved over 3/4 of an inch. I could see that with 3" or more.

can it be done - yes

will your ride suffer - yes

will you wear stuff out faster - yes

i'd get an adjustable trackbar. when i was at 2", i got one that was supposedly for just 3-5" and it worked fine (JKS). DO NOT get a drop bracket.

Well I have my budget boost installed along with new longer shocks front and rear, ARE Baja's and 30 x 9.50 Pro Comp AT's. I did put an adustable track bar on it that I got from Rough Country. I got one because I didn't want to drill another hole in the stock bracket and I didn't want to have my axle end up out of center. Besides I may want to lift higher later on and I will already have this taken care of. I'm glad I did because I was able to get the axle back where it was before. I have no trouble with any of it except for the tie rod end on the new track bar. I have the nut tight in the bracket but it seems to have side to side play in the TRE. Also since putting it on I've noticed a popping coming from that same area. With somebody sawing back and forth on the steering wheel you can see side to side movement in the TRE. It's not where the stud goes through the bracket but in the end itself. Is this normal? Or is the TRE bad? It shouldn't be since it's a new one. I didn't have this before with the stock track bar.

Back