• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uniframe stiffners

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
Several weeks ago I came across this www that had precut uniframe stiffners for the XJ. Well I bookmarked it and then the harddrive crashed.............Now I cannot remember what www or find it again!?!? If anyone has some info please post it. Thanks!! And yes I searched the crap out of the forums before I posted this.

It wasn't T&T. I remember reading something about JeepSpeed and tried their www with no success. Thanks!

Make your own:
Picture124.jpg

Picture143.jpg

Took me about 4 hours total including drilling the holes, but you have to do that with the TMR ones as well.

Starboard M said:
Make your own:

Took me about 4 hours total including drilling the holes, but you have to do that with the TMR ones as well.
cool deal, turned out nice. Just FYI the TMR plates are clamp and weld, no drilling required, they come with 1.25" holes for rosettes and a hole for the access to the UCA bolt

TNT's are nice!! And the TMR as also very nice for the front!

Last edited:
JNickel101 said:
Maybe i'm not looking at this right, but it seems to me that these kids would preclude you from using any sort of rock sliders that bolt to the unibody/frame....

Why would it? You drill new holes, just like you drilled them without the stiffeners?

it looks like that "rod" runs the length of the frame rail...

EDIT: the ones that just "plate" the frame rail, yes, I know you can just drill new holes....but the one that bolts to the CA mounts and the rear leaf spring mount....well, it just looks like it would get in the way, right?

Skullvarian said:
cool deal, turned out nice. Just FYI the TMR plates are clamp and weld, no drilling required, they come with 1.25" holes for rosettes and a hole for the access to the UCA bolt
Yeah, I understand that the TMR plates do not require drilling, but I wanted a fair amount of plug welds, which I would have had to drill on the TMRs anyway.

JNickel101 said:
it looks like that "rod" runs the length of the frame rail...

EDIT: the ones that just "plate" the frame rail, yes, I know you can just drill new holes....but the one that bolts to the CA mounts and the rear leaf spring mount....well, it just looks like it would get in the way, right?

Thats correct. You would have to make your own sliders. That specific one is designed for the desert, meaning most dont have sliders.

Starboard M said:
Make your own:
Picture124.jpg

Picture143.jpg

That was my original idea as I have just purchased a plasma and welder. These stiffners that I am refering to look simular to what you have posted. They are 3/16, 3piece/side and weld on both sides running the full length of the uniframe. Probably will stick with my original plan and build them along with my bumpers. I was just wondering I anyoneelse here had run across the same www. They are a good deal for those that cannot build their own! NAXJA

jwtrapper said:
There ya go and when you finish yours you can do mine. :)
Put that plasma cutter to work!!

It will cost ya atleast a sixpack of Guiness!!...............:cheers: :gee:

Back